Saturday, June 27, 2009

TacTrain Defensive Handgun Training

I spent the day today in George Dean's TacTrain 8 hour Level-I Battle Pistol 1st Dimension course (it ran from 8 Am to 5 PM with a 1 hour lunch break). It is the first course in a series of defensive handgun training courses TacTrain offers at the Ben Avery gun range here in Arizona. They also offer a series of defensive carbine courses as well as many other types of defensive training.

The Level-1 Battle Pistol training course I attended today was limited to 10 students so George Dean and an Assistant Instructor named Delson Alexander were able to offer all of us excellent individualized instruction throughout the day. They were very knowledgeable in the subject matter & were 100% safety conscious. There were several students in attendance today who were fairly new to shooting & by the end of the day had all made an incredible leap of improvement in their shooting skills. I'm not new to shooting myself but even I learned new things today & improved my method of drawing from the holster which I plan to build on through dry fire exercises at home.

At a mere $95 for a full day of hands on training this course was an incredible value. Myself & all of the students that I asked plan to continue their training by signing up for the next course in the series. That is the best vote of confidence any of us could offer. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if I were to drive from Maricopa to Ben Avery I'd want a full day event :-) Sounds like fun.

Fun shotgun range out there too.

Dustin said...

Yes their shotgun range is one of the best. :)

Andrew D said...

I found this blog after writing on gun rights myself. You and I may have slightly different reasoning for supporting 2nd Amendment rights, but I find your blog informative and above the shallowness of what the gun rights debate often degenerates to.

Dustin said...

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. :)

Unknown said...

Many people want to attend the training of handgun because of their hobby and enjoyment with the safety features. In training you need to focus your target and trigger only which is necessary to get success in shooting.

handgun training

Unknown said...

There are number of firearms training schools which provide rigorous training not only on handguns but also on many latest firearms. One of the best training schools which I know is MA Firearms School

Regards,
Jacky