Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fight or Flight?

Fox news ran a news piece saying that when faced with a criminal Police recommend you choose flight over fight. To demonstrate their point they ran a story on a Father who went outside (empty handed) to investigate some noises he heard & ended up being by a couple of thugs who ran him over while they were stealing his car. Fox news said that his mistake was going outside. Generally I agree you should stay inside, get your gun, your phone, gather your family behind your defensive position (you should practice this gathering just like you practice fire drills) & call the Police. In this way you truly are able to protect your most valuable possessions, your family members.

Fox said "there is nothing you own that is worth risking your life for." I say, there is nothing in my home worth losing your life over, so if you are a criminal planning to break in, be aware that you will risk being carried out in a body bag. My TV is nice, but not THAT nice, and if you break into my home I'll be protecting my wife & children, not my TV, so don't mess with me!

Update: As a related side note, FBI Statistics show that if you are ever attacked by a criminal you are less likely to be injured if you fight back than if you offer no resistance. Especially if you fight back using a gun. When compared to offering no resistance at all, fighting back with a gun decreases your chances of being or seriously injured from 55% to only 3% in the case of attempted assault, & from 23% to only 7% in the case of attempted robbery.

3 comments:

Jay21 said...

"My TV is nice, but not THAT nice, and if you break into my home I'll be protecting my wife & children, not my TV, so don't mess with me!"
Well said, .
Jason

Anonymous said...

It's "losing", not "loosing". Pet peeve.

Dustin said...

Thanks Anonymous. I've corrected it.